Cosmetic Dentistry in New Haven, CT
There are many reasons to visit a cosmetic dentist. As a Prosthodontist, Dr. Maratta is skilled in cosmetic dentistry, as he is a specialist! The world of cosmetic dentistry is diverse, full of many new materials and techniques guaranteed to enhance your smile . Cosmetic dentists keep current with all the new, innovative dental treatments, including dental technology. When you visit a cosmetic dentist, you can be assured you will be offered state-of-the-art treatment to change your look and your smile.
You should consider visiting a cosmetic dentist if you have teeth that are :
- Heavily stained from smoking, coffee, or medication
- Broken or damaged from trauma or injury
- Crooked or poorly aligned from genetics
- Badly shaped or uneven from age-related wear
- Gapped or spaced apart from genetics
- Cracked or chipped from overuse
Your cosmetic dentist can correct the look of your teeth and smile by providing treatments including :
Dental whitening treatments - designed to whiten teeth up to 8 shades with a convenient take-home treatment, or a speedy office treatment that takes about an hour
- Dental veneers - usually made of porcelain and placed over front teeth; veneers are thin laminates used to correct uneven, unsightly front teeth and mask defects to create a perfect smile
- Dental bonding- using a tooth-colored resin material called composite; bonding can close small gaps between teeth, change the color and the shape of teeth
- Contouring and reshaping- to cosmetically straighten or improve teeth that are chipped, cracked, overlapping, or badly aligned; contouring and reshaping is often performed along with dental bonding
- Cosmetic fillings - using composite, these fillings can be matched perfectly to your existing tooth color, making them virtually invisible; they can be used to replace unsightly, bulky metal fillings
These are just some of the procedures available in cosmetic dentistry. You owe it to yourself to visit a cosmetic dentist and explore what can be done to improve your smile. After a full dental examination and x-rays, your cosmetic dentist can discuss your overall dental health and create a treatment plan to get you on your way to a great smile.
Smile with confidence once again!
Call Dr. Francesco P. Maratta in New Haven, CT
at (203) 773-1701 to schedule an appointment today!