Posts for tag: Missing Teeth
Want to fix your teeth, but want to avoid breaking your bank doing it? Well, Dr. Francesco Maratta in New Haven, CT, has just the solution: Dentures.
Dentures are oral appliances used by individuals who have lost some or all their natural teeth due to tooth decay, gum disease, or injury. Dentures are usually made of plastic resin and a good economic solution.
If you're not sure how to go about getting dentures and what types are available, consulting your dentist is definitely a good start. Before you visit with them, here is some information about the types of dentures.
Types of Dentures:
There are partial dentures and full dentures:
- Transitional Partial Dentures (temporarily used while gums heal before dental implant replacement)
- Removable Partial Dentures (instead of dental implants and bridgework)
- Immediate Dentures (used temporarily when people are transitioning to dentures)
- Conventional Full Dentures (permanent dentures that fit your teeth perfectly)
- Implant-Supported Overdentures (use one or more dental implants to support upper and lower dentures)
Caring for Dentures:
When you get your dentures, it's important to know how best to take care of them.
Here are a few tips:
- It's best to rinse while dentures are still in your mouth.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a non-invasive cleanser when cleaning your dentures, as recommended by the American Dental Association.
- While brushing your teeth, make sure your clean your cheeks, the roof of your mouth, gums, and tongue to avoid having an unpleasant breath or irritation.
- Change toothbrush when bristles become frayed.
- Completely immerse your dentures in water when they're not in your mouth.
Need a consultation?
For more information about dentures at your New Haven, CT, dentist's office, call (203) 773-1701. It's time you take care of your dental health and improve your smile!