Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
Are you struggling with teeth that are cracked, chipped, stained, or affected by other cosmetic concerns? Here at New Haven Prosthodontics in New Haven, CT, our dentist, Dr. Francesco Maratta, can use veneers to completely transform your smile and give it a cosmetically flawless new look. Read on to learn more!
What are Veneers?
Veneers are thin laminates affixed to the front surface of teeth with cosmetic flaws to improve the appearance of those teeth. Once veneers are in place, they look just like your natural teeth, only flawless. Veneers are extremely versatile and can improve the appearance of teeth with various issues, such as:
- Crooked placements
- Chips and cracks
- Stains or discolorations
- Excessive spacing
- Rough surfaces
- Odd shaping
Although a variety of materials can be used to create veneers, porcelain is most commonly used because it is strong and bears a striking resemblance to natural tooth enamel. Each veneer is custom made for the tooth it will be covering, with the size, shape, and color all modified during customization. This ensures each veneer will readily fit in place and blend in with the surrounding teeth.
During a consultation, at our office in New Haven, CT, your dentist, Dr. Maratta, can help you decide if veneers are the right option for you.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Veneers offer several benefits, including how they:
- Conceal various cosmetic flaws
- Improve the appearance of your smile
- Are permanently affixed to the teeth so they will not come loose
- Can perform normal biting and chewing functions like regular teeth
- Are easy to care for, requiring only daily brushing and flossing
Interested? Give Us a Call
Veneers are a versatile option for dramatically improving the appearance of your smile. At New Haven Prosthodontics in New Haven, CT, our dentist can help you transform your smile with this amazing treatment option. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Maratta, call our office at (203) 773-1701.
Tooth loss can make your life more difficult in several ways—eating becomes harder, and depending on the number of teeth you've lost, speaking clearly can become challenging. The loss of a tooth can also be a blow to your self-esteem, prompting you to avoid social situations. Fortunately, dental implants offered by your New Haven, CT, dentist, Dr. Francesco Maratta, can restore your smile.
Dental implants offer total tooth replacement
Implants replace missing teeth by combining synthetic roots with artificial crowns. Titanium posts serve as the replacement roots and bond to your jawbone during a six-month period. Once these implants become securely attached to your jawbone, your New Haven dentist makes an impression of your mouth. The impression is used to create the dental crowns that will be attached to the tops of the posts with tiny screws.
Dental implants can replace any number of missing teeth and can even secure your dentures.
Worried about comfort? Implants may be the perfect option for you
Your new tooth may be artificial, but it functions just like your natural teeth. Because dental implants are attached to your jawbone, your new tooth doesn't slip when you move or irritate your gums.
Implants also offer exceptional biting power and allow you to easily chew food. The restorations feel very much like your natural teeth and are a good choice if you want a comfortable tooth replacement option.
Implants can help you maintain your oral health
Dental implants offer several important advantages for your oral health, including:
- No Tooth Movement: Your remaining teeth may drift and shift after you lose one or more teeth. As a result, your bite may change, or you may find it difficult to remove cavity-causing plaque from overlapping edges of teeth. Implants prevent your teeth from moving, protecting your bite and reducing your tooth decay risk.
- Strong Jawbone: Your jawbone can weaken when it no longer receives stimulation from tooth roots of lost teeth. As the bone shrinks, your appearance may change and your teeth might loosen. Implants take over for your natural roots and provide constant stimulation for the bone, helping you avoid these tooth loss consequences.
Interested? Give us a call
Fill the gaps in your smile with dental implants! Call your New Haven, CT, dentist, Dr. Francesco Maratta, at (203) 773-1701 to schedule your appointment.