Posts for: December, 2020
Your oral health depends on how to care for it. At Dr. Francesco Maratta's office in New Haven, CT, our team urges all patients to come in for preventive care every six months. Your dentist sees great benefits from oral exams and cleanings.
Do I have to see my dentist in New Haven, CT?
The answer is yes, you do, and you'll want to. The American Dental Association (ADA), along with many other respected professional organizations, indicate that general dentistry services do much to ward off tooth decay and gum disease. Also, they provide a good indication of how healthy you are overall.
What happens during a six-month check-up?
Your visit to Dr. Maratta's office includes the following services:
- A professional cleaning to remove plaque and tartar (and their harmful damaging bacteria)
- A tooth-polishing to brighten and smooth enamel and eliminate stains
- Digital X-rays to check for hidden cavities and to look at bone structure and dental alignment
- Oral cancer screening, a simple visual inspection of soft oral tissues and gentle manual palpation of lymph nodes under the chin and at the sides of the throat
- Measurement of gum pockets to assess for periodontal disease
- Assessment of dental bite and alignment, particularly for young patients
Also, a visual check of your mouth can reveal problems elsewhere in the body--diabetes, as a notable example. Your dentists know just what to look for.
Your treatment plan
Your dentist uses information from your examination to devise an immediate and long-term treatment plan. Dr. Maratta addresses pressing needs, such as cavities and gum problems, right away. He also suggests ways to improve smile appearance and to address other long-term goals.
Your part at home
Your oral hygiene habits are key to your healthy smile. Dr. Maratta asks you to brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste and a soft brush and to floss around and between teeth daily. A clean mouth makes for a long-lasting smile.
Also, know that your dentist is available for emergency dentistry in his New Haven, CT, office. At the first sign of trouble--pain, injury, loss of a restoration, or any other concern--phone us right away for help.
Come see us
If it's time for your routine cleaning and check-up, call Dr. Franceso Maratta and his New Haven, CT, team at (203) 773-1701.